Finding the right ring size for a man can be tricky. Unlike women’s rings, which typically range from size 4 to 8, men’s sizes can vary widely depending on the type of ring and the manufacturer. In this blog post, we’ll provide a simple guide on how to measure ring size for men and some tips on how to choose the right size. So whether you’re shopping for yourself or for a loved one, read on for all you need to know about measuring ring size for men.
6 Ways How to Measure Men’s Ring Size
Choosing the size of a ring is not an easy task. It should not be too tight to not hurt you, nor on the contrary, too wide so as not to slip off your hand.
How to determine the size of the ring? This is a question that comes up very often. Many people choose this jewel at random and then return it to the merchant, while there are specific techniques to avoid making mistakes and wasting time. Let’s discover six methods to determine the size of a ring for a man!
Measure the Diameter of a Ring
If you have a ring that fits your finger and you are used to wearing it, you can use it to find out your size by following these three steps:
- Step 1: Place your ring on a flat surface
- Step 2: Take a ruler and measure the diameter of the inside of the ring. To do this, simply have the ruler join the inside left and inside right sides of the ring. But be careful to measure the point where the diameter is largest. It is also important to hold the ruler straight.
- Step 3: Transfer the diameter to the ring size chart and determine the size of your ring.
Measure Finger Circumference
If you don’t have a ring yet, there is a simple solution: measure the circumference of your finger. To do this, follow these five steps:
- Step 1: Everything happens at the second phalanx of your finger. In other words, at the widest point of your finger. Wrap a 1 cm thick strip of paper or a non-stretchable string around your finger. Make sure that the string or paper is not too tight or too loose, because, either way, the size will be wrong.
- Step 2: Mark the spot where the paper or string cuts
- Step 3: Next, place the string or paper on a flat surface
- Step 4: Measure the distance from the end of the string or paper to the marking. Your finger size is this distance.
- Step 5: Simply transfer the measurement to the ring size chart and determine your ring size.
Instead of string or paper, you can use a tape measure, which will make it easier for you to get your finger size directly.
If your finger size is between two sizes, take the larger size to make sure the ring will not be too tight for you.
Use Triboulet or a Baguier
If your finger size exceeds size 70, you need a special triboulet to be able to measure it. Usually, jewelers have them. He will easily measure the size of the ring that will suit you.
Jewelers also use a ring gauge to measure the ring size directly.
Use Adjustable Paper Band
An adjustable paper ring is a measuring tool that wraps around the finger and is adjustable to fit the finger. You can find the size of your finger directly on the band. It is a free ring available on many online jewelers’ websites.
The adjustable paper banding is only reliable if printed at the correct size. Make sure that the printing settings are right. Otherwise, the ring size will be wrong. So, it is advisable to pay close attention to this if you use this type of banding.
Try Virtual Measuring
The new trend is to measure your ring size virtually (or online). It’s a free and practical tool. The virtual ring gauge is easily found on some online jewelers’ websites. The sellers provide it free to help their potential customers find the correct ring size.
Use an Adjustable Plastic Ring
The principle of the plastic adjustable ring is the same as the virtual wand. The only difference is the cost as you need to buy one. (even if it’s cheap, you still need to pay about 2 – 3 USD)
But of course, there are many advantages:
- A reliable and precise measurement: no more comparisons with the naked eye, no more worries about the measurement or the actual size of the virtual ring. With the plastic ring gauge, all you have to do is rely on these measurements.
- Ready to use: you can use the baguier right away
- Long lasting use: Compared to the virtual ring gauge, this plastic ring gauge is reusable. You can measure the finger size of your friends or relatives.